Affiliates of Sotheby’s International Realty® Brand Pledge Funds for Over 150 Homes to New Story
Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC and New Story, the brand’s charitable partner and a certified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, announced today that the Sotheby’s International Realty® global network of affiliated companies and sales associates have pledged to donate funds for the construction of over 150 homes in an upcoming New Story community in Mexico.
At the 2017 Sotheby’s International Realty Global Networking Event held in Las Vegas, Brett Hagler, CEO and co-founder of New Story, gave a moving presentation of the New Story mission to build communities of homes for those in need for $6,500 USD per home. Brett challenged the global audience of approximately 2,400 attendees to reach a goal of 100 home pledges during the two-day meeting. In the 32 hours that followed Hagler’s on-stage appearance, the goal was surpassed with over 150 homes pledged. Once fully-funded, these homes will provide a safe, sustainable living environment and unlock the potential for families to thrive.
How it Works:
Sotheby’s International Realty affiliated companies and sales associates made individual pledges to raise funds to cover the $6,500 USD cost of a sustainable home for a family in need. Once the pledges are funded:
- 100% of all donations raised through Sotheby’s International Realty affiliated companies and sales associates will be directly applied by New Story to hiring local workers and buying local materials for the construction of homes in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
- New Story’s operational costs are covered separately by a group of private donors called, The Builders, so all donations go straight to the field.
- New Story works with local partners in-country to help identify families who have the greatest need.
- Once families move in, New Story surveys the community over time to measure the exact impact a safe home has on the families’ lives.
“A safe home provides the foundation for health, education and opportunity. When I met Brett Hagler and the New Story team, I felt inspired by their mission to build sustainable homes for those in need. Teaming up with New Story as a charitable partner allowed us to extend the services we provide daily: to help people discover homes that allow them to live their best life. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the Sotheby’s International Realty network in support of this mission.”
– Philip White, president and chief executive officer, Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC
“This was an extraordinary outpouring of generosity. We had ambitious expectations, but the Sotheby’s International Realty network went above and beyond. My favorite part was seeing how genuinely excited people were to give and join New Story’s mission. I know this is just the beginning of a brand partnership that together, will eventually change thousands of lives.”
- Brett Hagler, CEO and co-founder, New Story